How to create an on-trend velvet nail manicure
The last nail tutorial I posted seemed quite successful so I thought I would do another.
This time I picked this season's on-trend velvet nail manicure - made popular on the catwalk.
Once again I'm going for the accent nail(s) as I didn't want to over do it.
So here is a simple & easy tutorial for a velvet manicure:
What you will need:
1 x Brush
1 x Tweezers
1 x Base Coat (optional)
1 x Nail Polish (in your choice of colour)
1 x Pot of 'Velvet' Powder (in your choice of colour)
How to create the look:
1. If you've chosen to use a base coat, apply it to your nails.
2. Take your chosen nail polish and apply a coat to your nails - wait til dry.
3. Take the 'velvet' powder and use the tweezers to mix and separate the powder.
4. Apply another coat of polish on your chosen nails and then shake the powder onto the nails.
4. Leave the powder to set and the polish to dry, then use the brush to brush off any excess powder.
5. A top coat is not needed as it would ruin the effect, and the powder will stay on without it.
And that's it!
As always these are just simple, easy steps that you can use as a guideline when creating this effect.
You can always mix it up a bit - maybe do all your nails or even try and create a design with the powder.
I would recommend laying down some paper to catch the excess powder - it also makes it easier to put back after.
Don't worry if you get it wet, it may look soggy and ruined but after a quick dry it's back to normal.
This is a very subtle type of nail art, especially in such a dark colour, but I really like it.
The nail polish I am wearing is Natural Collection's 'Cosmic Crush', and the Velvet Flocking Powder was provided by Born Pretty Store* - the tweezers and brush are included with all sales of the (separate) powder.
You can buy the nail polish in Boots and the Powder here (use code: BLOOMZYK31 for 10% discount).